Is it the door hinge loom?

My Octavia has a few electrical faults which i am unsure how to diagnose.  I can't find much online except that the faults may all point to the wiring loom at the hinge of the drivers door.  The drivers door central locking works intermitently, the drivers door puddle light has stopped working, and the lights on warning buzzer no longer works.  

Does anyone have any suggestions?  If it is this part of the loom, are there any diagrams out there to help me get it out and fixed.

Thanks

They have a habit of breaking wires between the door and 'A' pillar inside the rubber boot. If they are snapped its just a case of re-soldering and either using heat shrink over the joints or electrical tape. They also suffer with water ingress into the bottom of the window motor and corrode pins. The only course of action then is a new window motor and wiring loom (must be an exact match on window motor part number) otherwise it wont work correctly and will need coding in. They do also suffer with micro switch failure on the actual latch. This is just a case of replacing the entire latch. They can be found on ebay, they are only around £30 new, I have three on my Mk1 and have been on there for 4 years with no issues and a fraction of the dealer price on them. Also check if your electric mirror is working as this is usually another sign of either snapped wires or corroded pins.

Hope that helps in some way? 

Edited by Guest