First Time Skoda

Dratuk

Hailing from Sheffield in God’s own county.

Well I decided to take a punt at Skoda. Having been a sales rep working the wonderful roads of the UK I have sampled many types of brands over the past 23 years but never Skoda. We have our toy car an 2004 MG TF BRG so for work something more practical. I get a car allowance so I have a fair choice of what I can get. For me comfort and reliability are key. I cover around 30,000 miles plus per annum.

The wife and I also both ride bikes  no not that type proper bikes with engines. Wife has a Kawasaki ER6F albeit changing that to a Kwak 1000SX this summer. Mines a ZZR 1400.

32 minutes ago, JED said:

Hello Dratuk and family welcome along to the Skoda forum, for a moment i thought you were trying to peddle some thing.;)

Given half a chanceB)

12 hours ago, Dratuk said:

Well I decided to take a punt at Skoda. For me comfort and reliability are key. I cover around 30,000 miles plus 

Welcome dratuk. What did you go for? Sounds like you are a perfect candidate for a Superb :biggrin:.

good luck with whatever Skoda you get, had company cars for 10 years and now decided to get my own very happy with the Octavia. Hope your wife enjoys the 1000SX which seems a great idea to keep up with the ZZR. Used to have the GTR before going for a K1300GT, now going lighter and on a R1200RS. Yorkshire Dales on your doorstep must make you a happy man.

2 hours ago, BriskodaJeff said:

Welcome dratuk. What did you go for? Sounds like you are a perfect candidate for a Superb :biggrin:.

I actually went for the Karoq. An SUV for the kit that I sell is ideal. The outstanding aspect of the Karoq when we got in it was the quality. I had an Audi A4 and it equals if not better.

1 hour ago, MidlifeC said:

good luck with whatever Skoda you get, had company cars for 10 years and now decided to get my own very happy with the Octavia. Hope your wife enjoys the 1000SX which seems a great idea to keep up with the ZZR. Used to have the GTR before going for a K1300GT, now going lighter and on a R1200RS. Yorkshire Dales on your doorstep must make you a happy man.

Yep the wife gets a little naffed off when I disappear into the distance.

The GT is one heavy bike, the 1200RS is far better for our twistys specially up there in Cumbria. I think we’re both lucky with where live.

Thanks for the welcome guys, much appreciated.

• Like 1