radio upgrade

Hi All,

i have a 57 plate roomster and was wanting to upgrade my standard radio.

so what i am asking is would b possible to upgrade to a blaupunkt skoda radio navigation dx and would it fit ok or would i need to adjust anything or just not change it at all.

thanks 

chalky33

• 4 weeks later...

Bit of a late reply im afraid, but I replaced the stereo on my 57 plate Roomster with an Android unit from Ebay. There are plenty of different versions once you look, many replicating the appearance of VAG dash design so it looks OEM. Mine gives me DAB, SatNav, Spotify, phone connectivity, plus the usual radio and CD/DVD. Ive also added an OBD bluetooth dongle so I can read fault codes and read engine parameters (a screen of dials including oil temp and boost gauge). Basically you can add whatever Apps you want to it.

It was half the price of a genuine VAG Satnav stereo, and because of the more basic software on our generation of Roomster those units did not give full functionality anyway. 

Had it since Feb and I've been well happy with it.

Ben

• 6 months later...
57 minutes ago, joeski said:

@BEN99W Do you still get the reversing display with your new stereo?

I didn't ever have  reversing display on mine. The original stereo was quite basic.

I expect you could get a reverse camera to work as it's a pretty versatile unit.

Ben 

I've upgraded my head unit got it from eBay works great sat nav bluetooth dvd playwr and sd card reader and has reversing camera it looks very much like the VW head unit with sat nav and not a bad price £130