Rear Windscreen Water Leak

Hi,

With all this wet weather we've had lately, I've noticed that when open the boot on my 65 plate Reaction Fabia, water drips down on to the parcel shelf from the high level pencil stop light enclosure!!

Has any other member experienced this problem?

All I can think is that the top windscreen seal has failed, allowing water from rear foil above it to drip into the space between the glass and frame.

Unless someone has alternative suggestion, I'm thinking of applying Captain Trolley penetrating leak sealer into small gap at the top between the windscreen glass and frame to see if fixes the problem.  

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks

46 minutes ago, Matchlessman13 said:

Hi Glassy, it is the original windscreen that was fitted when the car was manufactured.

Chris

Not always the case (could have been replaced before you got it).

In any case, you should raise the issue with the main dealer, especially if there the car is still under warranty. Aftermarket 'leak-stop' products will merely plug a hole (if there is one) but if there is a bigger issue (like bond failure) the only way to remedy the issue is to remove and refit the glass.

Hi Glassy,

I've had the car from new, so I doubt if it's been replaced since it left the factory, however I'll check with Skoda dealer to see if the problem is covered by their 12 year body warranty before I go down the DIY fix route.

Chris

1 minute ago, Matchlessman13 said:

I've had the car from new, so I doubt if it's been replaced since it left the factory

The car could have been damaged on a transporter; the glass may have been scratched and got noticed on PDI; the window may have been smashed whilst in storage... anything could have happened and they (the main dealers) won't have seen any need to tell you about it.