Drivers window

Tedshred

Are you folding your mirrors in? I'm having an issue with my passenger side front and rear in that they sometimes go back down half way as if something is catching in them. Seems to happen more often when raining. Holding the fob to fold the mirrors results in them going down sometimes. PITA, will say to dealer when it's getting its first service next month. 

Ah the dreaded dancing windows. I had the problems Anlygi is reporting and initially thought that it was to do with the rain sensing / automatic window closing system. I switched the latter off in the Maxidot but was not convinced that it solved the problem, so did the window re-set as well. This seemed to work but I wasn't confident of leaving the car unattended for long periods. I reported the problem to the Skoda dealer when I took the car in for its first service. They hadn't heard of the problem before but did some research and found that there was a Skoda software patch. They applied said patch, no charge, and two years so far no return of the problem.

1 hour ago, Upsidedown said:

Ah the dreaded dancing windows. I had the problems Anlygi is reporting and initially thought that it was to do with the rain sensing / automatic window closing system. I switched the latter off in the Maxidot but was not convinced that it solved the problem, so did the window re-set as well. This seemed to work but I wasn't confident of leaving the car unattended for long periods. I reported the problem to the Skoda dealer when I took the car in for its first service. They hadn't heard of the problem before but did some research and found that there was a Skoda software patch. They applied said patch, no charge, and two years so far no return of the problem.

Thanks for this. I'll be sure to let the dealer know of such a patch when it's in with them. 

It started with the rear first and my teenager got a mouthful from me as he was intentionally closing his arm in it! Front has been doing it this past week so I think he's owed an apology, or maybe I'll say nothing...