Auto headlight switch

Hi everyone,

I want to upgrade from a non-auto headlight switch for an automatic one.

I found a few switches on aliexpress, and I found one for the mk3 Fabia. But the connector on the picture is the big one (turns out its the older one), 

I check mine switch for the connector, and it's a red smaller one. Picture inclouded. 

So I guess that switch which is for the 2015-2017 Fabia won't fit in my car, also I found one for Octavia/Superb, which has the smaller plug, link added. 

Links For 2015-2016 Fabia, wide connector

For Octavia/Superb smaller connector

Will the switch for octavia/superb will fit in my car?

Thanks

IMG_1207.JPG

18 hours ago, petereggington said:

Do you have the light sensor already as I think it needs this for the auto lights to work

In his post, he's linked to a "smart" light switch which had it own light sensor !  ( clearly not a VAG product - but an "upgraded clone" ). The switch did the Auto-switching rather than the usual, standard switch, with the car's windscreen sensor doing the switching. 

Edited by Dithane

On 09/04/2018 at 18:32, vfuto said:

Hi everyone,

I want to upgrade from a non-auto headlight switch for an automatic one.

I found a few switches on aliexpress, and I found one for the mk3 Fabia. But the connector on the picture is the big one (turns out its the older one), 

I check mine switch for the connector, and it's a red smaller one. Picture inclouded. 

So I guess that switch which is for the 2015-2017 Fabia won't fit in my car, also I found one for Octavia/Superb, which has the smaller plug, link added. 

Links For 2015-2016 Fabia, wide connector

For Octavia/Superb smaller connector

Will the switch for octavia/superb will fit in my car?

Thanks

Your pic looks like the one that they list for the Octavia. Not surprising - manufacturers change the suppliers (wiring and switches) for multiple and various reasons!  A bit of a nuisance when people go to buy spares.