[SOLD] mk1 1U Octavia vRS front and rea brakes

Mankee

312mm front brake setup with plain discs and Mintex M1144s from my mk1 Octavia vRS, so PCD is 5x100. The discs have covered 12279 miles and the pads 18811 miles. Yes, I committed the automotive sin of not doing both discs and pads at the same time! But nobody was injured, so all good. I didn't want to chuck away barely used pads that were ~£95 a set. Not seized up, sliders fine, bleed nipples freed off, pad wear sensor plug intact and loads of life left in both discs and pads. For reference, my first set of M1144s lasted me 28124 miles, so I'm not a nuttah on the anchors. £150 [SOLD]

256mm vented rear brake setup with plain discs and standard aftermarket pads from the same car. Discs have done 10470 miles and pads 7429 miles. Again, I'm a loser because I didn't do them both at the same time. My excuse was that I didn't prepare myself for the job with a windback tool. Yes, I am the tool. Both calipers were bought new by me and fitted three years ago. They are genuine Lucas calipers that came in TRW boxes and are in the right green colour, but the VW/Audi logos were removed before paint applied. Must have been some sort of aftermarket OEM deal where the vehicle manufacturer logos have to be removed before sale. They have done 37486 miles. The original calipers were junked because the handbrake mechanisms were knackered and I ended up with no handbrake. These have been spot on and you don't realise how much of a difference good working rear brakes make. Carrier to hub bolts are also included. £100 [SOLD]

Edited by Mankee