15" Steel Wheels for my Roomster's 195/55-15H Kumho WP51 Winters.

RichardatWakefield

Hi, I'm looking to source four steel wheels onto which to get my winters fitted; they're currently on the OEM alloy wheels.

Can anyone give me the correct spec/description/offset etc etc for suitable steelies, and for instance, would a set of steels off a Mk2 Fabia suit, if so, would they have to have been from one with a particular engine?  My Roomster is the 1.9tdi PD, and plenty of Mk2 Fabias had that engine. Tyres both summer and winter are 195/55-R15H.

If a breakers is offering some from say a Golf, Polo, SEAT, what should/shouldn't I be looking for, and how much would be reasonable for a matching set of four suitable wheels?

Is it sensible to source such wheels from the bay of Fleas, or have I more come-back if I go to a big breakers, such as the one between M62 jn25 and Mirfield (near Cooper Bridge).

Thanks for your help.

Richard.

Hi Lyminton,

Many thanks for your very prompt reply, these look great, was hoping to pay less by sourcing some used, will investigate breakers nearby, and will bear Skodaparts in mind.

Richard.

Hi Richard,

I hope you're well. As you allude to above, MK2 Fabia (5J) items will bolt straight on.

Also bear in mind that MK1 Octavia (1U) and MK1 Fabia (6Y) also have a 5x100 stud pattern and may bear similar options.

I use www.willtheyfit.com and punch all the info in for existing versus proposed wheel sets.

Hope this helps :thumbup:

As an aside, I have a set of 16" steels with winter rubber fitted that I used on the vRoomster that I have no use for anymore...... ;)

Hi Barrie,

Good to hear from you, yes, am ok, have joined the slightly-less-busy club (aka retirement), was suddenly having to make lots of winter trips across into Derbyshire, so got 4x winters put onto the OEM 15" alloys over there, brought the summers back.

Now seeking 4x steelies to transfer the winters to, so Goodyear summers can go back on the OEM alloys.

Tried ringing a number of local breakers, nothing (yet), have left details with Autovillage.co.uk, awaiting replies................

Skodaparts want nearly £44 each wheel, ouch!

Couple of good sets of steelies with winters for sale here in Briskoda, pity I didn't look here first!

Have you tried selling your 16's in here?

Thanks for your help, am considering attending the Skoda club uk "do" at Stanford Hall;  is there going to be a Brisky national in 2018?

Richard

• 1 month later...

Thanks to all who replied, I sourced 4 used 15"steelies from Motorhog at Adwick le Street near Doncaster, then got my local Gordons Tyres to do all 8 swapovers.

3 are unused ex-spare wheels, one is a used rim with a fair bit of rust in places.

Best wishes, and good to see three Roomsters at Skodafest!

Richard.