Fabia Sleeper

Kenrw8

I have a 60 reg face lift Skoda Fabia 1.2 tsi 84hp Elegance which I bought in Aug 2016.

Worth noting the car does not have ESP whatsever and Traction Control

The mods I've done are:

Aug 16 fitted by Halfords a Pure 600 DAB radio.

Now the sleeper changes:

Oct 16 Powerflex Blue bushes for all lower suspension , front arb and lower engine mount.

Oct 16 fitted Tristar Ecopower 4S 205/45/R16, which I'm very pleased with.

Oct 16 Remap at Unicorn Motor Developments power 84 to 121 hp, torque 118 to 154.

Nov 16 Powerflow Catback stainless exhaust with two resonator boxes, one large one medium sized so no louder than original. Also tail pipes as original,  ie no cutting of the bumper and pipes remain unseen.

April 18  Tony Banks (Longlife) sports cat front pipe.

Don't know what hp/torque is but seems to be quite fast now

LEDs

DRL, Front Fogs, Front side lights, Interior light, boot light, Reverse and Rear Fog lights and number plate lights.

Headlights:

Dipped H7 Halogen 120% brighter, 

Main beam H7 Halogen 80w.

Sound proofing:

Boot, spare wheel well, under Rear seats.

It's a sleeper as there are no external changes to give away it performance.

What mods have you done to your non vrs Fabia?

Edited by Kenrw8

Changing to the sports cat pipe now manifested an engine management warning light. The ECU recognizes the new cat as non standard VAG 

So going to get the remap tweak to ignore cat diagnosis.

Edited by Kenrw8

• 3 weeks later...

It's an improvement on stock 11.7 so I'm content and think it's really under 8 secs

Yeah I realise it's also dependant on satelite accuracy plus wind anroad conditions etc.

And also that the speedo / gears  is calbribated for 195/55 15 inch whereas I've 245/45 on 16 inch. This mean at 60mph on the speed is really just under 57 mph.

So I agree need to have run at Santa Pod to get a proper figure.

• Like 1

On 20/05/2018 at 11:25, Kenrw8 said:

It's an improvement on stock 11.7 so I'm content and think it's really under 8 secs

That should have read between 8.5 and 9 , closer to 9 than 8.5.

I'm having Monroe OEspectrum sports rated fitted next week, they a 5 year warranty.

Part numbers 742042SP front and 376041SP rear

Edited by Kenrw8

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Updates,

Fitted Rainsports 3 tyres to the front, still TriStar all season on rear, will swap over next month

Just had fitted on the front Brembo discs with Pagid pads and had rears fitted with Pagid drums and shoe kit with new cylinders.

Whilst in the garage told clutch is on the way out, not surprised as understand it's the original.

Have also going have preventative maintenance and get the chain tensioner fitted at same time as clutch, it's never been done and is not noisey yet.

Edited by Kenrw8

• 2 weeks later...

Getting new clutch either LuK, Valeo or Sachs , having chain tensioner kit fitted and Quaife LSD fitted next week.

Which clutch preference would you advise.

Preventative action for the tensioner kit as it's not been done yet and I'm planning to keep car a few more years.

• 3 weeks later...

A lot better no uneven wheel spin, have found it harder to spin, Rainsport 3 on.

Expecting LSD to come into its own in the wet and improve traction in the snow ,if we get some.

sometime in the next 4 weeks I wanted to travel to the Lake district and thru the Wrynose then Hardknot then uto the Whinlatter and final down the Kirkstone passes to check the traction and handling

Just had 4x Bridgestone Weather Control A005 tyres fitted, 195 45 16s lowering car by 5mm in the process from the 205 45s that were previously fitted 

Edited by Kenrw8