Bluetooth Calls

Hi Guys, 

I have the columbus/canton upgrade in my MKIII Octy combi, I seem to have an issue when callers cant hear me, I have to shout loudly for a call to take place, If i reset the unit for a short while all is okay. It did go back to the dealership and the 1st time the fault was replicated, they removed 'fluff' from the microphone and again for a short time all was okay, it has been back in since and they now so they cant find a problem, where every day during a 55 mile commute each day i and taking calls and hearing the caller say I cant hear you.

for reference i have the Galaxy S7 but this issue is apparent on another found when paired, my phone is okay in my wifes fabia

Any thoughts anyone ?

Simon 

I noticed that when I connect my phone via bluetooth there are 2 parts, one for audio streaming and one for the actual calls.  Could it be that the bluetooth is streaming the audio from your phone so you can hear the conversation but the mic isn't being carried?

When you've in call, can you check the phone to see if the call is being handled by bluetooth (I think there's an in call option to select handsfree speaker, "normal" or bluetooth but this might vary depending on the level of android O/S).

Failing that, cover the mic on your phone when your on a call and see you can still be heard.  As least that will identify whether or not you're using the mic on the phone or in the car.

• 1 month later...

I have the same issue (Ocatvia 3, Bolero): sometimes during the calls, all of sudden, the callers can't hear me - but i can hear them just fine. If i transfer the call from bluetooth to the phone, everything is ok. If i activate the bluetooth again - same issue. It's only working again after i "restart" the car (contact off/on). Have you found any solution to your problem?

Today i learned something about my issue. If i turn on the lights (or they get turned on automatically), the callers can't hear me anymore. Turn off the lights - the callers hear me again. Tested this behavior with two completely different phones (android). Does anyone had similar issues? Is there an fix for this, like updating the software?

Edited by SorinB
  • Like 1