Fabia vRS Octavia Spiders

Hello, I am new to this forum so apologies if I am posting this in the wrong place or anything like that,

I am looking to buy a Fabia vRS for my first car, I can afford to buy and insure it and I love the look of the Octavia Spider wheels, and I wondered if anyone knew whether they were ever available on a Fabia, or whether I would need to declare the wheels as a modification on my insurance policy. (which I would prefer not to do as it increases the price slightly) 

I will be grateful if anyone can tell me any information about this!

Thanks

3 hours ago, TheOgMan said:

Hello, I am new to this forum so apologies if I am posting this in the wrong place or anything like that,

I am looking to buy a Fabia vRS for my first car, I can afford to buy and insure it and I love the look of the Octavia Spider wheels, and I wondered if anyone knew whether they were ever available on a Fabia, or whether I would need to declare the wheels as a modification on my insurance policy. (which I would prefer not to do as it increases the price slightly) 

Thanks

Not standard fitment but could be added, I believe, as factory fitted option.

I recently saw a Fabia Vrs with both spiders and leather upholstery as specified by the original owner.

2 hours ago, kevberlin said:

Not standard fitment but could be added, I believe, as factory fitted option.

I recently saw a Fabia Vrs with both spiders and leather upholstery as specified by the original owner.

Im very sorry to have to contradict you but the Fabia vRS only ever came with one wheel option - the 16” “thick” Spider. 17” were never an option on the Mk I vRS. 

Edited by wja96
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, wja96 said:

Im very sorry to have to contradict you but the Fabia vRS only ever came with one wheel option - the 16” “thick” Spider. 17” were never an option on the Mk I vRS. 

I may well be wrong then although I know of a car that had the fitment I described.

No need to be sorry though. Best wishes.

2 hours ago, kevberlin said:

I may well be wrong then although I know of a car that had the fitment I described.

No need to be sorry though. Best wishes.

Sadly there are far too many Fabia vRS owners/sellers who have odd ideas about their cars. I sold my old vRS to a very nice man from Solihull who was going to do it up as a winter project for his girlfriend. I had owned the car from New and handed over the keys and a HUGE stack of bills, service history etc. All in my name. 

I was somewhat shocked to see my car on ebay a few days later, apparently repaired, MOT’d and all set to go except now it had been in HIS family for 12 years. If I was being unkind I’d say he was a lying bar-steward, but I’m sure he was just confused....

Edited by wja96
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, TheOgMan said:

Thanks

If it’s just the Octavia ‘thin’ Spider you like you could fit the 16” Octavia Spider which was the same 16 x 6.5” dimension as the Fabia ‘thick’ Spider. They were fitted to the original Octavia vRS estates and even though you would still need to tell your insurers that the wheels were not the originals, as they are OEM Skoda and the same size and carrying the same size tyre as the originals, your insurer should not surcharge you in the same way they shouldn’t charge extra for fitting winter wheels and tyres as long as they are the same size or smaller than the originals. 

If yiu want the 17” wheels though, I’m afraid that will be a bit more money.