Confused - Skoda Connect app

yosser65

Hi Guys and Gals - proud owner of my new Karoq Edition! LOVE IT to pieces!

Now let me start this by saying I'm quite IT literate - but this has me confused - unless my expectations are too high or i misunderstood something.

I have signed up and have the skoda connect service and app - as well as my skoda app  - I also purchased (thanks to the recommendation on here) the 12gb data only card by 3 (40quid for a year EE couldnt get anywhere near that for me, despite being a long term customer).

So I'm guessing I should be able to get all sorts of remote data on my phone now from the car and control certain functions? the app seems bare and apart from trip mgt nothing else? What am I missing?

Sorry for the newb questions.

@skaif  the app doesnt seem to give me all the options i expected - just infotainment!  I'm assuming this needs to be ordered when you get the car - as mines an ex-demo i didnt have that option ? Not sure why it cant be 'added' onto the app. Otherwise the car looks set up for it. Is this a VCD thing that needs to be done?

I have the exact same issue. I’m using my iPhone as a hotspot and am connected to the internet but whilst the Skoda Connect works in car, I get no stats back into my SC portal or app on my phone. 

My Karoq is an x demo car brought direct from the dealer. 

there are two key parts to this "connect service"...infotainment online and care connect. Care connect has more features like remote vehicle data, etc but this is extra cost (£400 for 3 years) and I am told needed to be ordered before the car was built and looks like there is no way to enable once the car has left the factory. Hope Skoda realises they could make some money by offering these features after sale of the car as well !

Infotainment online comes free for 1 year and only remote feature enabled from the app is the trip planner

on the brighter side the fuel price functionality on the infotainment online is good..it shows you nearby stations and prices 

Hi rkam

Thanks for the reply.

Do you know if the free 1 year Infotainment online is for the 1st owner to register the car - When I  sell the car I assume the next owner wouldn't get the benefit.  If I pay for the 2nd and subsequent years, would they roll over to the new owner?

BCEly, This must be possible, but not entirely sure. I do see there is a deregister/delete main user option accessible in the car, which should mean that existing connect registration  can be deleted and anyone else can register the car in skoda-connect portal once they have bought it and set up their online skoda-connect account. not sure if they are able to use remaining years of your subscriptions though.