Tail gate rams

You could try to reset it and If you have access to VCDS, check 

Address 6D: Trunk Elect. and see if it shows a fault to start with.

Mine started to play up intermittently until they just stopped. Initially it didn't show any fault with my VCDS or at Skoda.

When it did, i replaced the servos, as advised by Skoda, but they still didn't work so we did the control module as well and that solved the issue. 

From memory, they're on their tenth revision for the servos and the control module and AFAIK, Skoda have been replacing servos and control modules on MkIII Superb out here under warranty.

In hindsight, if you can get the control module assessed first, that would be the go. Skoda says they can't do it.

You have to pull half of the back of the car apart to get to it but i would replace that first and see if that fixes the issue. 

$400-$500 Oz pesos for the control module as opposed to around $2000+ Ozzie pesos for the electro struts!

Or just change to gas struts!