Injector diagnosis

Hi all, having an issue with my octy, it's a 1.9tdi 110pd, I'm pretty sure it's an injector fault, it's knocking and smoking ( did it for a while Thursday and cleared itself, now constant). Any tips on how to identify which injector is at fault or any other remedies?

OK, I have CR not PD car but my situation was as follows. Had problems with fuel supply sometimes. VCDS showed that 2 injectors were working fine, one worse and one was rather suspicious. Or there was a possibility that some device called fuel pressure regulator (or something like that) could be the case. Injectors were taken out and tested with a special device and they all were found to be fine. In the end the regulator was the problem.

So, I think that it's possible that removing them and testing elsewhere might be needed

• Thanks 1