Valet cleaner fiddled with my car internals

Hello Friends,

I probably cannot regret more leaving my car yesterday with the garage for valet cleaning. When I came to pick car, my battery was dead, time clock was reset and the battery panel was open. When I enquired, they said there was lose connection with the battery and therefore they had to open the battery cover. I was never convinced but I had no evidence as such and came back. And today I found that the front deck was opened as well and it is missing the screws that hold it in place. Clearly they have messed more than what is necessary and without my permission. I suspect they have replaced my original parts with spurious ones. 

What are my options? Can I ask the garage for camera recordings? Are the garage required to record what ever has been done with my car?

Please help me as I am really feeling so helpless and distressed about all this.

Thanks.

• Like 1

What kind of garage or establishment was this, an Independent place or part of some motor group?

Ask the Managed or Owners WTF went on.  & ask in writing as well, and then you might want to talk to Trading Standards about the place /people.

That might need to go through Citizens Advice though.

There is always your local Police Office if you think they were at it.

Edited by Offski