Columbus MIB 2.5 into MY16 Superb MK3

Hi All,

I've been looking into this retro fit and managed to pickup the screen (3V0919606D) quite cheaply.

I plugged it in, and I wasn't surprised that it didn't work. Got a version error from my 5F module (3V0035045B).

Now, my questions are these:

Are all 5F module versions starting with 565035xxx suitable for this screen? From what I read on here, I believe it to be so.

Can anyone tell me what the differences are between these modules?

565035044A <-- No DAB. Has phone functionality?

565035044B

565035021B <-- has SIM which I'm interested in - Found in Karoq and Kodiaq so im guessing this is newer.

I know there are people on here who have retro fitted the new shiny screen to older models, any chance you can help me out with which one I need please?

I'll probably need someone to perform the CP coding to the car remotely (I'm in Australia) if anyone can recommend a company who they have used before.

Thank you.

• 4 months later...

Did you manage to get it working? I am looking at upgrading my 8" Columbus from 2015 to either the 8" Amundsen with touch buttons or the 9,2" Columbus but not quite sure if swapping the display will be enough.