Memory seats?? Stuck

Hi guys. 

Just purchased a 15 plate Octavia hatch VRS. No sure how set the seat memory to a key ???

i have opened car

turned key once

press set and number one. 

Heard a bong so left vehicle and locked. 

Tried same same again in a different seat position with different key. 

But i can't  get it so I unlock the car and the seats move to the position with either key fob ??

can someone please walk me through this. My wife has her seat about 25ft further forward so this is required for me

Sounds like your memory seats have Alzheimers! Also, I think you mean 25cm as 25ft will be around 8 metres.

Joking aside, welcome to the site and hope someone can help you soon.

1 hour ago, orangeandy said:

i have opened car

turned key once

press set and number one. 

Heard a bong so left vehicle and locked. 

Tried same same again in a different seat position with different key.

Maybe just a misunderstanding by me,  but when you set the seat to a different position (using a different key) you press set and then number 2 ( or number 3 )

It all works for me - not sure if you have to assign key first to make it work tho? If you look at pg59 of the user manual, it shows you how to personalise the key. So now when you open the door, you'll recieve a message in the drivers display "Welcome <driver 1>" or "Welcome <driver 2>" depending on which key was used to open the car. Now try setting the memory seats.

Hope that helps?

Edited by Guest

Not sure how but think I managed it.  Just set all the positions 1 2 and 3 to the same seat setting on one key. 

Applied a different seat setting to the other key using 1 2 3 again and flicked the setting on the settings for "chairs" to key use. And it seems to have worked. 

For future ref does anyone know if it will just basically revert to setting 1 when opening the door 

9 hours ago, orangeandy said:

Applied a different seat setting to the other key using 1 2 3 again and flicked the setting on the settings for "chairs" to key use. And it seems to have worked. 

For future ref does anyone know if it will just basically revert to setting 1 when opening the door 

Sorry but you've lost me on that first sentance - perhaps not applicable to my FL model.

Not sure about a 15 plate, but on the Facelift as soon as the door opens, the seat alters depending on which key is used. Both rear door mirrors and even the preffered radio stations, volume level and preferred heater settings alter as well.  Only thing that doesn't alter is the rear-view mirror. (which is a tad daft because that's the one thing that always needs altering when moving seats).

Edited by Guest