What’s this thing hanging from the front bumper?

adeward

The wife’s 2015 Yeti has got what looks like some sort of sensor hanging down from the front bumper, and I can’t figure out where it should go. There’s no warning lights come on and the car drives normally, so I presume it’s still working.

My best guess is that it’s a temperature sensor for the radiator but shouldn’t that be in the right place in this weather?

392FE505-E56C-44A0-8228-3FCC42600B36.jpeg

D996EA69-600F-409F-9E53-77C9106F2C0F.jpeg

The temp sensor for a radiator is in the water, so you would have a major leak if it fell out.
I would suggest that is the air temp sensor, as that is fitted behind the bumper.

• Thanks 1

Its the air temp sensor, it sits jump behind the honeycomb grill, you will see the hole that it pushes through from behind, if your hands (or the kids) are small enough you may be able to do it without removing the grill. If your struggling to find the correct location I'll upload a photo

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 28/07/2018 at 13:18, jonnyboy78 said:

Its the air temp sensor, it sits jump behind the honeycomb grill, you will see the hole that it pushes through from behind, if your hands (or the kids) are small enough you may be able to do it without removing the grill. If your struggling to find the correct location I'll upload a photo

I just saw your 2017 post with the same problem... those photos are useful! Thanks for leading me to them, that'll help a lot (even if I can't get my hand in there to re-seat it)