Revo remap

My previous car was remapped by revo and i thought it was very impressive but my new car I took to be remapped and have to say not impressed at all dosnt feel nowhere as responsive as i'd hoped

Edited by chrisvectra
spelling

22 hours ago, chrisvectra said:

My previous car was remapped by revo and i thought it was very impressive but my new car I took to be remapped and have to say not impressed at all dosnt feel nowhere as responsive as i'd hoped

What power have you got now? Did you get a dyno print. 

Was your previous car a comparable model i.e. a 2.0 Tdi saloon?

There is a possibility the map hasn't been loaded and may require a reinstall.

Revo claims; Power from 188ps to 208ps and Torque from 298lbft to 318lbft with their Stage 1 software for the CR170 engine so you should notice a difference hence why I think there is an issue with the map load. 

According to their website they also offer a 30 day money back guarantee if you aren't satisfied.

Edited by CookieMonster87

• 2 weeks later...

@chrisvectra

There is a possibility they have updated the software on the map between your first car and this one. They may have turned it down to put less stress on the engine and components, be more economical.

Have you been in touch with Revo at all?

No I’ve not as I’m not sure who I should go to as the place that mapped it are only agents for revo  and I’m not getting anywhere with them.

but I have a feeling you may be right as the other car was more aggressive and shoved you in the back 

They are not only 'agents'  they are an Approved / Official dealer.  

So what do you mean you are getting no where, are they just rubbering you?

Have you put in writing to the Owner / Manager what your concerns are, and also forwarded this to REVO whos product their 'Official REVO Software Installer sold you?

Can you go direct to Revo, even to confirm if any significant changes were made to the map between the time you had the 2 cars? Do you have any paperwork from either map with any version numbers on at all?

Aside from that I can’t see why the agents that mapped it can’t plug in to check the map loaded or even just carry out a reinstall. At the end of the day it’s just loading software for which you have already paid for.

Other than the time it takes to do it there is no expense incurred to them. 

• Like 1

When I had my 181ps Leon FR TDI initially mapped I was left a little underwhelmed and despite there being 'some' improvement, I was expecting better based on the numbers REVO quote.  I had nothing to compare it to, just the stock performance of the car. 

I contacted REVO HQ and they couldn't be more helpful.  It transpires I had v1 of the remap and an updated release, v2 was available but hadn't been pushed out to the repository which dealers/agents access.  Not the agents fault.  Within 2 days I was back at the agent with the updated map and what a difference!  

Anyway there's a point to this...give REVO HQ a call and explain the situation and let them investigate/advise further.   I called them a few times before having the map also, just to ask some questions about the map and interaction with the car, etc; they were very helpful and it was obvious I was speaking to people who understand what's going on, not just reading from a telesales crib sheet. 

Edited by penguin17
  • Like 1