'Tinkling' from front wheels

Cosmo

Hello

I am a newbie on here having bought a 2016 Yeti 2.0 when my lease on a Yeti 1.6 greenline ran out.

I loved my lease yeti and had a brief gander at other makes before buying but quite simply couldn't find a vehicle that was so ideal for my needs so I went with what I know. 

Perfectly happy with my car (especially the fuel economy!) but I have noticed a strange tinkling noise that comes from the front wheels when I go over pot holes or grass fields. Nothing on the smooth road and not discernible with the windows open so only audible from the outside. 

This forum seems to have such a huge breadth of knowledge within it I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this or if anyone feels I should be especially worried. 

Many thanks.

My immediate thought would be a stone caught in the stone guard over the front discs, but noses can come from anywhere, and "sound" from somewhere else.
As the car is still under warranty I would take it into a dealers and get them to check.

51 minutes ago, Cosmo said:

Nothing on the smooth road and not discernible with the windows open so only audible from the outside. 

I don't understand that.

@Cosmo - Take the front wheels off and shake them. That will eliminate some of the more bizarre sounding but true causes I've encountered. Having eliminated that, I'd agree that it's most likely a problem with a disc shield or an anti-squeal shim.