Brake problem

Just replaced front discs and pads    Also replaces osf caliper , breed brake system at the front and the brake pedal is going right to the floor , any ideas 

I would think a total brake fluid bleed might be needed. Most brake systems operate diagonally, front left, rear right as one, front right, rear left as another so as to stabilise the vehicle if one system fails. It does sound to me like you have not bled the system properly ans/or have not tightened up the unions correctly and fluid is leaking.

Try checking all points loosened for signs of leakage and then bleed the whole system again. 

With all the pumping of the brake pedal, bleeding the system it may have blown the rear wheel cylinders, (as you mentioned you had shoes to fit). As a blown cylinder will not give any pressure to the pedal. Check the rear backplates for signs of fluid. 

You cant bleed the brakes on the mk1 the old fashioned way by pumping the pedal unless you have lost no fluid and just doing fluid replacement.

If you have lost too much fluid and the reservoir has gone too low, you will have to use a pressure bleeder like gunsons ezibleed (I prefer to pressure bleed every time as it saves time and frustration).

Also if the piston on the master cylinder has travelled too far down, it may (but not always) have ruined the seals.

PS Remember the clutch is fed from the same reservoir so may need bleeding as well.

Edited by lovemaskoda

• 2 weeks later...

After replacing front pads , discs , osf caliper , rear shoes and drums + fitting kit. 

I have then bleed the full brake system starting from the bleed nipple at the nsr , osr , nsf then osf , there wasn’t much air but pedal is ok , still spongy.

i didn’t notice that the adjusters at the rear shoes could have been doing with a clean due to corrosion , I will be doing that this weekend .

You might want to take a look in here, https://workshop-manuals.com/skoda/octavia-mk1/brake_systems/brakes_hydraulics_regulator_servo/bleeding_brake_system/bleeding_brake_system_with_brake_filling_and_bleeding_device_for_vehicles_with_mark_20/ as your order is slightly out, so you may be pushing the bubble back into the system rather than pushing the air out by volume of fluid.

The master cylinder nipples can make a big difference too, but as has been said above, a pressure bleeder really is the way to go if you can get access to one.

Invest in a pressure bleeding kit. I have one called Ezeebleed. One man operation and a lot simpler than all that pedal pushing. Just plug onto an air supply (tyre with 20 p.s.i. max) and open the bleed nipple.