Superb VRS

No. I think the Sportline is as ‘sporty’ as it’s gonna get for the Superb.  Perhaps there may be a ‘performance pack’ offered at some stage. 

A vRS Superb would need a host of performance upgrades to make it justifiable over a Sportline, which in turn would mean a ~£40k+ list price and that may be a step too far for ‘a Skoda’. Kia aren’t selling many V6 Stingers for the same reason. They are good cars, as we all know but there’s still a lot of badge snobbery out there, particularly for people who are hardened M, S, RS, etc buyers from other marques. 

BUT...

If they were to start talking of a 330+ BHP vRS for £38-45k, which on paper could be a ‘performance bargain’  then VAG HQ would probably not be happy as it could well steal sales from other performance cars from within the group. 

Skoda are pretty much in a no win situation and as such I’d be surprised if a vRS badged Superb is ever released.

Interesting one though and if a 280 Sportline was made 10-20% better then it would make a very good car a great car and I’d defo consider one.

You gotta buy two of those to get a vRS Superb:rofl::rofl::rofl::  http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/SUPERB-III/Superb-III-original-Skoda-FRONT-emblem-RS-from-the-limited-RS230-edition

But otherwise I might even agree with @penguin17 on this one. There has been rumors of a vRS Superb for a loooooong time. Even with MK2 women in sauna talked about soon-soon coming Superb vRS but ... nothing hapened. Atleast with MK2 they managed to do a Scout like version of Superb.

So 280 Superb with Sportsline trim is probably closest thing to vRS you can get:doh:.