Buying Experience 1.6 SR Civic 10th Gen & 8th Gen Accord from Holdcroft Honda Stoke (AVOID)

Would you trust this dealership?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Would you trust Holdcroft Honda Stoke based on my experiences?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'd be wary given your experience

15 hours ago, Warrior193 said:

Phew Aaron, what a saga - I wish you all the best for your cases. A case like just seems totally unbelievable, but, unfortunately, there have been similar issues with Skoda owners on this forum.

Thanks mate, I'm not alone in it, they've managed to sell an approved used Type R to a customer after it being rejected only ONE day prior citing a gearbox rattle which they then said they would need to investigate, first buyer ran a mile and rather than fix it they put it back out for sale so the second customer brought it and had the same issue. 

Turned out that had zero warranty either, that even got sold with part of it's manufacturers warranty remaining as it was a 2015 motor and at the time the warranty had a bit left, turns out it was a former performance development motor for Tegiwa tuning and as it was never serviced by Honda plus it was uprated everywhere before being stripped when sold to Holdcroft it voids both the manufacturers warranty alongside the approved used one! 

Luckily he took it to the financial ombudsman and they ruled in his favour! 

• 1 month later...

The Ombudsman Process is exhausting, it really is.

It's the delay between submitting anything and then it being picked up, or them picking it up and getting back to you.

I suppose it's a great service considering it's free but the time delays are just hell.

Anyway. The Ombudsman has been after more evidence on specifics of the case, which I've been happy to submit - I'm awaiting their review of that now to see how this affects my case going forward.

I'm feeling positive to be honest. I've covered every base with evidence and clearly explained a full timeline of what's happened - the business in reply have so far submitted one paragraph saying next to nothing, there's no evidence or anything to support their viewpoint which has been provided.

On a slight sub note - I figured as they have been trying to supress me forewarning other customers by blocking me on most of their social media sites that It would be prudent to set up a quick area which keeps track of their negative reviews.

Nothing hateful or anything like that, just somewhere people can bring complaints to if they've had issues, people can share their own reviews of the dealerships alongside it being a place to forewarn potential customers looking at their reputation assuming it's all positive, when it's clearly not.

This isn't to say it's completely bad, it's just when something goes wrong they're really bad at issue resolution as we've all seen with me, and I'm seeing in a growing list of people should you check out their reviews online!

Anyway I digress. So I made something to do just that. The Holdcroft Complaints Group!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/350057145573612/

I've been tracking their reviews for some time now and just sharing them in there to keep people informed as needs be. The idea came about from advice I'd seen in another group where someone had reported issues with a product from a business and the experts had informed this person to make a group and log what happens because you've a lot more power as a collective than you have on your own.

I noticed the other week that the dealer principal of the Cobridge site had left the dealership - so I thought it worth sharing into the group, turns out someone took offence to that and reported the image (see image attached).

1.thumb.png.98ae9341bb15436cf1a1872f1cc92985.png

Well I thought, it's not an offensive post, what I've posted was true and genuine and of my own opinion and that of former staff - so I challenged their decision. Cue Second Image (attached)

3.thumb.png.0f2929d4f3f67b928f549ce503712a20.png

Justice prevails maybe? They reversed the decision and the post went back up.

Cue the more recent image showing the dealer principal in question putting love hearts against my comments - a bit of an odd thing to do if you're claiming you're being bullied?

The comment to Ben is to say he's left the firm as Ben is another person who was completely left in the lurch by the company by being sold a broken Type R.

2.thumb.jpg.480a3a0f9c35d1ace71b510e75eadc7f.jpg

Then hey presto - this morning I get another support message saying your post has been taken down again!

I suppose it's all somewhat irrelevant but it's worth showcasing what they're like to you guys as potential customers.

I'm not getting too hung up on this as I know ultimately it's down to how the ombudsman rules, and they've already admitted the business is in breach of the Motor Ombudsman codes of practice of which the business is signed up to and must uphold.

I know some may look at this and think it's a bit petty - but I'm conscious of this happening again to others and them not being in a position to do anything about it, I'm fairly savvy in the way I'll attempt to seek a resolution but others may not be, and if there's a quick way of collating all these reviews to help others I figured it's worth doing.

If it helps one person to be more careful in buying, maybe they double check the paperwork or ensure everything is iron clad etc. then I've succeeded :)

• Like 1