Amundsen SatNav losing destination infortmation

Niamh

We've imported destinations from vCards created online at Skoda Connect and after importing them there is no data the following shows as Auberge De L'ecole, France and has no other information-

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:3.0
CATEGORIES:VIP
X-VIPCategory:Private
ADR;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:;;Route de Montrichard 12;Pontlevoy;;41400;France
X-NAVADDR:;;;;;;;;;
GEO:47.38994;1.25388
X-FLAG:
REV:20180827T123009z
FN;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:Auberge De L'ecole
UID:AddresBookPersistentProvider3
END:VCARD

This destination is fine!

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:3.0
CATEGORIES:VIP
X-VIPCategory:Private
ADR;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:;;Avenue Saint-Éloi 66;Solignac;;87110;France
X-NAVADDR:;;;;;;;;;
GEO:45.75521;1.27479
X-FLAG:
REV:20180827T141835z
FN;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:Le Saint Eloi Logis & SPA
UID:AddresBookPersistentProvider3
END:VCARD

• 2 weeks later...

The problem is that the SatBav doesn't know Route de Montrichard exists, yet that is correct and is the address that MyDestinations puts in the vCard

@Niamh It might be worth making the question a little more explicit, maybe try and explain what you are doing and how you got the results you have ended up with. 

I think what silver is trying to say is the thread is a little meaningless without some substance that someone might be able to relate to.

I'm not sure I can be any more explicit than posting the complete contents of the vCard that My Destinations creates and which after importing the SatNav doesn't have the address.

On 04/10/2018 at 09:06, Niamh said:

The problem is that the SatBav doesn't know Route de Montrichard exists

Have you not answered your own question...? If the road isn't in the SatNav database, then it doesn't matter how you try inputting the address (manually, via vCard, or whatever), it's not going to work.

Note that the destination planner thingywotsit on the Skoda Connect website uses Google Maps. The SatNav doesn't - it uses a completely different source of map data.

16 posts in 7 years, 5 of those in this thread.

I might have bothered to try and help if you'd have bothered to answer my question, the one I asked three times, the same one you ignored three times.

Good luck, I think you're going to need it.

Never generated one in My Destinations?

References to Outlook are totally irrelevant and only show a lack of knowledge as to how one transfers things from My Destinations to the SatNav.

And if someone doesn't know what a vCard is then they are hardly likely to help.

34 minutes ago, silver1011 said:

16 posts in 7 years, 5 of those in this thread.

I might have bothered to try and help if you'd have bothered to answer my question, the one I asked three times, the same one you ignored three times.

Good luck, I think you're going to need it.

If you don't know what a vCard is with reference to Skoda's My Destinations...

And you are still being wilfully rude

1 hour ago, WiggosSideburns said:

Have you not answered your own question...? If the road isn't in the SatNav database, then it doesn't matter how you try inputting the address (manually, via vCard, or whatever), it's not going to work.

Note that the destination planner thingywotsit on the Skoda Connect website uses Google Maps. The SatNav doesn't - it uses a completely different source of map data.

So destinations created is Skoda My Destinations may well not work when imported to the SatNav... not very joined up thinking there from VAG

4 minutes ago, Niamh said:

References to Outlook are totally irrelevant and only show a lack of knowledge as to how one transfers things from My Destinations to the SatNav.

And you are still being wilfully rude

Oh, the irony.

Anyone worked out the relevance of a vCard to the Sat Nav yet!?

:D

Edited by silver1011

I can't really help with your initial problem @Niamh as I've never used the vcard method but maybe suggest other things to try as the end result may be the same?

How about trying a different destination to see if that works okay?

What about using Car Play or Android Auto instead as they should both be able to navigate you to your contact addresses and IMHO would be a better thing to use anyway?

Skin a cat.JPG

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Niamh said:

So destinations created is Skoda My Destinations may well not work when imported to the SatNav... not very joined up thinking there from VAG

I'm not entirely sure why you are exporting them from the online portal as a vCard, then importing them on the SatNav. You can import them directly from Skoda Connect 'over the air' (as long as your infotainment unit is online somehow - via your phone or whatever).

It may still throw a wobbly, but I'm pretty sure that's the whole point of using the Skoda Connect portal - not to then have to worry about exporting/importing etc.

11 hours ago, WiggosSideburns said:

I'm not entirely sure why you are exporting them from the online portal as a vCard, then importing them on the SatNav. You can import them directly from Skoda Connect 'over the air' (as long as your infotainment unit is online somehow - via your phone or whatever).

It may still throw a wobbly, but I'm pretty sure that's the whole point of using the Skoda Connect portal - not to then have to worry about exporting/importing etc.

I thought that was only with the Columbus system...

Will experiment.

14 hours ago, john999boy said:

I can't really help with your initial problem @Niamh as I've never used the vcard method but maybe suggest other things to try as the end result may be the same?

How about trying a different destination to see if that works okay?

What about using Car Play or Android Auto instead as they should both be able to navigate you to your contact addresses and IMHO would be a better thing to use anyway?

Skin a cat.JPG

Some other destinations work, others are the same.

Seems it's down to whether the SatNav knows about the street name that MyDestinations adds to the destination info.

18 hours ago, WiggosSideburns said:

Well it wasn't from the Skoda Connect portal, but Skoda My Destinations which doesn't link to the car.

Now done a test address from Skoda Connect and that did import fine.

Will now try this hotel and see if it works.