fuel feed pipe disconnect

Hi, apologies if this has been said before, and/or is 'simple' to find, but I've had a heck of a day and need to get cracking before dark and am about to have a freaking embolism I'm that frustrated with the problem and with searching:

Job on, first step "remove the fuel feed line. Press in the securing ring to the top." I'm not sure what that actually means. I've tried squeezing the plastic collar up into the metal housing, but it doesn't go and doesn't feel as though it wants to, and I don't want to try anything 'vigorous' because it's plastic and doesn't feel particularly strong. As always, if I know exactly what it's supposed to do, I can try a little more forceful persuasion. The ring/collar turns round, maybe there's a sweet spot?  Always great to be stumped at the first piece of frickin' plastic!

Please, please can someone confirm that I should be trying to push or squeeze the plastic ring/collar up into the metal housing? If not, then what does that instruction mean?

Thanks in advance

fuel line.png

Too stressed to figure out how to edit or remove post (duh), but obviously, seconds after posting (1 hour and seconds after first attempt at removing pipe) I 'hit it with a bigger hammer' and got it off. It's spring loaded, so at the point where you feel it's either completely stuck or will break, force it and it gets there. Thanks for being there guys, and sorry for wasting your time