Phone connection problems solved?

Recently my phone would not connect to the car hands-free. I had tried a number of options, deleting profiles on the phone and the car etc. All to no avail.

Then I checked the other profiles on my phone and found that my TomTom had been set to handle hands-free. Since most of my journeys are local my satnav generally lives in glovebox. So had not realised that the phone was trying to connect to the satnav.

I altered the TomTom profile by un-ticking the hands-free option.

It's early days but this seems to have solved my problem.

Edited by CCTaylor

14 hours ago, CCTaylor said:

Recently my phone would not connect to the car hands-free. I had tried a number of options, deleting profiles on the phone and the car etc. All to no avail.

Then I checked the other profiles on my phone and found that my TomTom had been set to handle hands-free. Since most of my journeys are local my satnav generally lives in glovebox. So had not realised that the phone was trying to connect to the satnav.

I altered the TomTom profile by un-ticking the hands-free option.

It's early days but this seems to have solved my problem.

The USB cable you use with your phone I find can be a problem sometimes. Cheaper ones with the universal end as in they work no matter what way you push them in are a bit iffy. 

However on a side note, why use TomTom, not sure what year your car is but does it not have Android Auto or Car play? 

Update you need to have the phone on Bluetooth before you switch on the ignition, if you don't it still may not connect.

My car is 16 plate and doesn't have any of the more advanced options mentioned by colmsmyth or built in satnav.

• Like 1