Drivers glovebox question

Hi all,

I'm hoping for some advice.

I bought a 2nd hand Superb MK3 SEL (still in warranty) which I'm happy with, the local dealership that I have to rely on less so (in fact they seem to be operating fraudulently).

Recently the plastic hoop that holds the spring on the driver's glovebox latch snapped clean off. I use it for keeping parking change so it's not as if it's an over burdened or over used feature.

Having taken it to the dealership to query, they have told me that it's not warranty covered and to replace the latch will cost me £170.15, which seems utterly extortionate.

I haven't been able to find a part or even a replacement driver's glove anywhere online and could use some help and advice to try and resolve this one.  Is there anywhere that someone knows that I could get a replacement latch or whole glovebox?

I would persist with a warranty claim.  It seems to me that a part has failed whilst performing it's primary function.    I'm sure someone else on here reported a similar issue with the glovebox latch.  Do you have any pictures of the broken part? 

Do you have another dealer you could try?  A few people on here including myself had issues with the latch/handle on the ski hatch just snapping off, my local dealer didn't question a replacement under warranty whereas others were refused the replacement under warranty. 

To the letter the dealer may be right about 'not under warranty' but not a very positive response nevertheless! After 1 year sale of goods act rights go so relying on wording of presumably 3 year warranty? 

Worth writing to Skoda quoting what the dealer said and asking whether is correct and challenging cost, but also copy in someone like Auto Express or Autocar. They tend to like picking up manufacturers on silly exclusions from warranties. 

Good luck. 

As an ex warranty manager, a lot or broken parts are not covered as factory deem it as being caused by an external influence.  If a dealer replaces this under warranty and the claim is rejected. The costs lie with the dealer and this is why it wont be covered. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 7 months later...