Drivers door open sensor & electric window switch

Callum

Morning all, 

My brother in law owns a 2011 Fabia Monte Carlo (my ex company car) and all of a sudden the sensor for the door open on the drivers door has stopped working, so the interior light doesn't come on and if your not quick to get the keys in the ignition then it locks again. The lock itself is working fine just not the sensor. 

Also the drivers electric window switch has been temperamental but most the time doesn't work. 

I have checked to see if any wires are broken between the door and body and all looks good, would it just be a case of a new window switch and door lock mechanism? I remember on Mk4 Golf's for example this used to happen when the internal mirco switches failed and wondered if it was a similar thing?

Did a search and couldn't find anything so apologies if this has already been covered!

Regards

Callum 

1 hour ago, Callum said:

I have checked to see if any wires are broken between the door and body and all looks good, would it just be a case of a new window switch and door lock mechanism? I remember on Mk4 Golf's for example this used to happen when the internal mirco switches failed and wondered if it was a similar thing?

How far back did you pull the rubber? The wires usually snap around half way. It seems abit strange that all these things are happening and it's all on the drivers side door so I'd double check your wires to be 100% sure.

i had to source a loom because mine had a total of 8 wires that had been broken and bodged previously by myself and 2 of them decided to break again so I've replaced it.

ive ordered new wires to replace the broken ones and will be doing a proper job this time, time to get the soldering iron out :D

Edited by LGM

47 minutes ago, LGM said:

How far back did you pull the rubber? The wires usually snap around half way. It seems abit strange that all these things are happening and it's all on the drivers side door so I'd double check your wires to be 100% sure.

i had to source a loom because mine had a total of 8 wires that had been broken and bodged previously by myself and 2 of them decided to break again so I've replaced it.

ive ordered new wires to replace the broken ones and will be doing a proper job this time, time to get the soldering iron out :D

Thanks, I just checked with my bro in law and he confirmed that the window switch was actually playing up before the door sensor issue so might not be related, I pulled the rubber right back (oi oi!) and all seemed fine, I will maybe check once more before I order the replacement parts. Seems odd that it hasn't effected the door lock as that locks and unlocks fine.