Rear bumper protector 2018 model Octavia vRS

hi everyone.  i'm new to the group so apologies if this has been posted before.  I'm looking for a rear bumper protector for my 2018 model Octavia vRS estate.  Nothing seems to be available in the UK apart from a skinny strip because the 2017 version which wraps over the edge apparently doesn't fit the 2018 model.  Have any of you tried one from abroad e.g. superskoda and found it fits OK or managed to find something in the UK? TIA

We asked our dealer today if they could get hold of one. They advised they could not supply them as the the lip of the boot rubs on the bumper protector, causing the the paint to rub off and potentially rust. 

Skoda will then reject the warranty claim on the paint work, even if you fit a genuine Skoda bumper protector.

I have just checked the Octavia accessories brochure on line and the bumper protector is no longer listed.

Edited by shawandy24
  • Like 1

thanks for your replies everyone.  We're going to the dealership in Derby on Sunday so I'll see what they have to say.  The newcastle under lyme dealership is very unhelpful

8 hours ago, trishaB said:

thanks Julie  - do you have a link I could use to source one please?

We had it done by a friend in the trade, but your dealer should know somebody that can do the work.  Failing that, try googling for paint protection film to see if there’s someone local, or find someone that does vinyl sign writing 

20 hours ago, trishaB said:

thanks.  I've been looking at that.  Have you tried it on a 2018 vRS yourself?

Nope, I have one on a 2016 vRS and no issues whatsoever - no rubbing etc. It's only about 5mm thick, the dealer that said they would rub is talking BS.

Unless some of the thicker ones (i.e. OEM Skoda) may have caused problems?

rsz_publication8.jpg.0a27da9736b45292f8008a390a0050d2.jpgrsz_20170311_094027.thumb.jpg.9a544b1a6da20709ff34c503f440b94a.jpg