Fault codes P1592, P0101 P0229

Hello all.

Im having issues with my vRS, I have no power in 1st gear at all and all my other gears are flat until 2000-2500rpm. Ive looked around the forum and I've seen many different issues this could be but because I've got 3 different codes i don't know which way to go about it. All fault codes are saying short with power.

Whilst driving i now and again get the coil light flashing and going into limp mode so by turning the car off and back on again it clears the fault. 

Last night driving to somerset in the heavy rain my car went into limp mode about 10 times in the space of 5-10 mile. My car no longer has an undertray on it due to someone doing work on my car and throwing it into a skip!! 

A friend who works in VW has said to me that he thinks it could be the wiring loom going to the MAP sensor as this runs across the front of the gear box and over time they do rub through and it can be a common problem. Due to the fact my car was taking a lot of water underneath and i was getting the coil light more than normal does it seem more likely that it is the wiring loom/map sensor taking in water?

Also, i have noticed my car has developed some sort of blow now, sounds like gasket. Im assuming any sort of leak exhaust side wouldn't have any effect on the car?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Edited by Davey_vRS