Baby seat for Fabia vrs

I don't want to have to fold any seats down when carrying a baby seat and a pram/pushchair in the boot, any there any options available to me? If one section of the backseat is folded flat then you risk items in the boot entering the cabin space, I'd rather not take the risk.

I couldn't think of a way round it, which was why the Fabia had to go and we had to get a family car. We do quite a bit of travelling around the country to see relatives, etc and we easily fill the Mondeo's boot with our one bag of clothes and then all the baby's gear... It does mean there's no luggage in the cabin area though, which is good :D

Chris

Before his little sister came along, we used to do the following when looking after our nephew:

If we had him for the day only, his normal pushchair, nappy bag and box of toys would just about fit into the boot. He'd go on the back seat, and there was nothing in the car to cause any problems.

If he was staying for longer, we'd have to take more clothes etc. so we used to get his mum to bring this little pushchair he has (like the sort of thing that I had when I was a kid), which hardly takes up any space at all - job's a good'un! :thumbup:

Now that his sister's arrived on the scene, though, it's a bit different. The double pushchair they have won't fit without one of the seats down, but then of course there's no room for baby seats if SWMBO are both in the car. :doh:

But then you can get double pushchairs that fold down quite small AFAIK, so I guess it's just a matter of deciding whether you want the latest trendy pushchair so you can show off to all the mums at nursery, or whether you want to get rid of your car!

I can imagine SWMBO and I will end up with two per baby when we start a family - one 'flash' one (SWMBO likes to pose ;) ) for trips without the car, and one 'compact' one when we're on the road... Lot cheaper than changing the Furby! :rolleyes:

But it might all be academic when the Roomster vRS comes out!!! :D

We can easily enough travel around with one baby and stuff in the Fab, but it does mean having the seats split and down to take suitcases as well as the pushchair.

We've managed without the pushchair on some trips - she's not too heavy to carry in a sling right now for a few hours max - but that obviously isn't going to last.

It does look like the old Laguna is going to come into its own, regrettably, consigning the Fab to my journeys to/from work and weekend day out trips without any luggage. Reminds me that I always wished there was a Fab vRS estate which would make a lot of sense. Or maybe I'll start justifying a nice new Octy Estate?