110 Tdi Octavia Starting & Turbo Issues

Hi Folks

I'm currently trying to get to the bottom of a couple of issues with my Son's 110 Tdi Elegance Estate and wondered if anyone can help us solve the niggles?

First up, she is very reluctant to start from cold with the outside air temp at much above 7-8°C. Even resetting the ignition half a dozen times doesn't seem to put sufficient warmth in to the plugs to get her to fire up. We're resigned to winding it over on the ignition with a bit of throttle now and again to coax her in to life. Below 6°C, the glow plug light stays on longer (3-4 seconds maybe) and she'll fire either first or second attempt and with no problem. Putting a multimeter on the plug feed wires showed no life but there must be something getting through as she holds the plug light and will fire on colder mornings. As soon as you get a bit of warmth in to the cylinders, she'll fire up without hesitation. Glow plugs have been changed already. I'm due to change the CTS tonight, but is there something else amiss? I've seen threads where folks change the plugs, CTS, No.103 & 109 relays and still have issues. Could it be a simple matter of pump timing as the cam belt was changed prior to this issue appearing?

Secondly, she has had an issue with the turbo. I suspected sticky vanes and have run a full tank of diesel through with Wynns Turbo cleaner in it. It is 100% better than it was. The turbo boosts well and the car is far more energetic. Every now and again, mainly when she's cold, we're getting a bit of turbo flutter. Sometimes with that, the car stutters a bit and then it'll clear and away she goes. Not wanting to pull the turbo off the car, is there anything I can check (and replace if required) with the turbo in place? 

Thanks in advance

DD