Tyre Noise or something more sinister ?

Advise please !

A have a Octy Vrs, which I needed 2 new tyres at the turn of the Yr.

After searchging I chose 205/50/17 Toyo Proxes T1R, due to cost, availablty etc, whilst the Conti Sport 2's that came with car were still ok.

I put the Toyos on the front, and have around 1500 Miles, on them, but recently I am hearing a humming / droning noise (which is defo speed related). I found the pressure down over the weekend, and have put that right, and the noise is less obstrusive now.

I know what wheel bearings and Diff ! bearings sound likeon various other cars, but could it be the tread pattern? or more likely a bearing on it's way out?

Advise / comment would be appreciated, as car going for 50K service at the end of the month.

Regards

Stu

• 1 month later...

it happens mate. have you got standard wheels on though? If not they might be the wrong offset which kills wheel bearings quickly