SAT NAV, Very confusing

paco

Tending to use my Garmin sat nav as I find it difficult to understand the Yeti sat nav, simply for example how do I have the sat nav on without the radio on, or both on?  and entering destination seems to be very confusing or is it just me.

You cannot run the nav without another audio source, however if you turn down the volume to zero with the radio playing that will mute the radio audio and you will still get navigation audio. The nav and audio source audio are separately set.

Indeed turn the volume up or down whilst route instructions are being given is easiest way to adjust their volume. When just rado is playing you can adjust that volume or turn sound down to zero.

You can instead set all this up in the settings ie route instruction volume, how much the radio volume redces whilst route instruction given etc. But above is easiest.

Very easy to set the destination using postcode. On new destination screen select the line that says city and a new screen appears with postcode option in bottom left corner.

Failing access to a postcode just select city for centre of whatever you type in or you can add the street name as needed in that city area.

Edited by kenfowler3966

SatNav in Yeti is not the best, okayish but I found that some of it's routes are less than perfect and sometimes it is missing junctions or newer roads. I went back to using my Garmin for a bit but then found that using Waze on my Smartphone connected through Android Auto gave the best results and routes by far. Using Android Auto allows the route to be shown on the screen with good verbal directions and works well.

Waze is free so suggest you try that - providing you have Smartlink enabled of course. Smartlink can be enabled on any later model Yeti for about £125 by your Dealer.

Edited by Expatman

If you want both on select the radio and then the sat nav. If you just want the sat nav I press the Media button until I get to the plug icon and as I don't have anything connected I don't get any music etc.