Climate control heating

Very strange one here. I have an octy Estate se l 16 plate with climate control. All had been brilliant with the car, until today when I realised that with the heating on hi it doesn't blow through the two air vents above the infotainment system, however if I press the button for all the dash air vents it blows through as normal, any ideas what it could be? 

Climate control on auto blows the air where it's needed. So if you're needing heat it blows to the feet since hot air rises. As the car warms up the air pattern will shift: so once the car interior is up to temp, if you knock it down a few degrees you should then feel the cool air come from the centre vents.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, just music said:

Climate control on auto blows the air where it's needed. So if you're needing heat it blows to the feet since hot air rises. As the car warms up the air pattern will shift: so once the car interior is up to temp, if you knock it down a few degrees you should then feel the cool air come from the centre vents.

The opposite is true in the summer too when trying to cool the car...... the air will be blown from the upper vents as cold air sinks :)

• Like 1

Cheers for the replies, only just seen the replies. If I turned auto off and used manual, it still does the same, nothing through the centre ones, but every other air vent in the car works

It's still cold in the car, so without a different instruction (like manually setting to centre vents) it will continue putting warm air down, as on auto. Without being in my car, I assume all that changes when auto is simply switched off is the fan speeds stays set where it is.

Actually when it is cold outside the air is blown through the windscreen vents (de-misting) and the ones at foot level. 

Hot outside and the pattern changes, cold air being blown through the vents on the dash, the ones facing the passengers.