Anyone with 4x4, fixed seats, and a spare wheel?

I find Škoda Karoq to be the most universal car in the European market today: compact as Golf (width and length), spaceous as Passat (cargo), and reliable as Land Rover (snow, ice, and rain).

Yet, I still need to make some trade-offs to get the most out of it. Especially, with two six-footers (6"0 - 6"2) in the front – and sometimes in the back, as well.

To optimize for legroom, headroom, and kneeroom:

- No varioflex seats

- No folding tables

- No sunroof

To optimize for cargo space:

- Folding front passenger seat

- Variable boot floor

- No Canton audio system

To optimize for off-road:

- 1.5 TSI 4x4

- A spare wheel

My questions:

- Is sit possible to fit a full-size spare wheel instead of wasting space with a variable boot floor on a 4x4 with standard (fixed) seats?

- How does the highest-raised boot floor on Karoq look like?

I would prefer the flattest possible cargo surface with all the passenger seats folded down, and the lowest possible boot-lip for loading.

Is this the maximum flatness Škoda Karoq can achieve across all available configurations?

banner-home-karoq-boot2-apr18.jpg.1d8b16bd85912f351182c1ed2d1802c0.jpg

Seat Ateca looks better in this regard:

Seat-Ateca-1200x800-2aca5ff5314123a2.thumb.jpg.6ee1f46c2bd9ca6cd542ff1077f6a5dd.jpg

Volkswagen Tiguan even more so:

tiguan-32.thumb.jpg.3771ce18b6d1f35459801bd7ea6bc556.jpg

And Peugeot 3008 looks the best:

Peugeot-3008-1200x800-fe8d57d171c0d7d8.thumb.jpg.44a32da9803a2e3f6348343d19f02d56.jpg

To put it simply: I would like to keep a 17" Ratikon / Triton wheel under the boot floor of Karoq 4x4 with fixed rear seats, to eliminate the boot lip and the need for a variable boot floor.

Is that technically possible?

It's almost impossible to find any pictures or reviews of Škoda Karoq in this configuration:

Karoq_B8.JPG.b99a1ebb6a67784a9882aa426fbf4a4c.JPG

It wasn't attractive in the beginning, because the fixed seats didn't include the ski hatch / arm rest.

But now they do (or has it always been an optional extra?):

clever-inside-simply-clever-03-thumbnail.jpg.b85223616e3f0d885ec06c6864e25c54.jpg

And it's a real arm rest, not just some kind of a hole in the luggage department one has to lean on with his entire body.

Also, a hard boot cover provides an additional storage space and a complete isolation of the boot, no matter how old-school it looks like.

But most importantly, the boot is bigger (521 vs 479 litres) without varioflex seats – not only the rear passenger space.

So, just like 19" alloy wheels and a sunroof, I think varioflex seats can often take away more than they actually provide.

For this reason, I would love to see Karoq with a fully flat cargo space without any seats being taken out.

Edited by Guest

For 4x4 Karoq there is only space saver type of spare wheel available from factory. Here is the picture of 4x4 with narrow spare wheel, 2-side boot floor cover, no varioflex seat, no Canton.

Karoq_boot_4x4.thumb.jpg.a94a48dff404e15d9514259136ef9e26.jpg

In such case boot lip is 4-5 cm and I like it, asi t helps to keep some type of cargo fixed. With higher boot floor you would loose too much space also. Don´t forget to pull out headrests of backseats for few centimeters, it helps to get slightly more paralleel boot floor.

Edited by erikiri

Thank you very much.

In terms of the lowest boot lip / highest boot floor, it then seems to be the same in these three configurations:

4x4 + space saver wheel =

4x2 + full-size wheel =

4x2 + variable boot floor

Screenshot_20190103-135533.thumb.png.368c35d7f82d7a4819afec74f8244e1a.png

Edited by Guest