Xmas Time = New Brake Caliper Time

Was supposed to collect my parents yesterday, but thought better of it when I observed smoke coming off the NSR wheel!

Just been informed NSR brake Caliper needs replacing. This time last year both OS brake calipers were replaced due to binding. So have given the go ahead for both NS to be replaced, so as to prevent this turning into A Xmas Tradition. 

Was told when getting OS calipers replaced it was unusual for one caliper to go at that mileage (90k) let alone two. Now 3 have gone by 102k. 

I wonder what Xmas 2019 has in store for me. 

I'm currently in the same boat, My OS rear caliper started binding on Christmas Eve, as we were due to go away for Xmas that afternoon I dumped the car on the drive and we took the Wife's car,

Unfortunately my local garage is not open between Xmas and the new year so have to wait until 2nd to book it in :(

I got a random phone call from my local dealership earlier in the month stating they are very quiet at this time of year, so I just turned up this morning and 3 hours later, I was on my way. 

I'm using my trusted independent, they close for the same reason as the dealership are looking for work, they are quiet between Xmas and new year.

It's just sods law that my brake caliper started binding the day they closed for Xmas break,

I have no doubt that it will be booked in for the 3rd Jan and be sorted that day, usually at a fraction of the cost of the local dealership.