Fabia 1.6 16v oil

Hi, I have a 2007 1.6 petrol 107k. I have 3x 4 litres of Castrol 5w30 c2 oil I bought for my previous Toyota left over. Will it do any real harm if I use it in my fabia? It's not vag spec 500.00-505.00. The fabia is 12 years old now and I'm thinking it should be ok! Any thoughts?

25 minutes ago, Tightwod said:

Hi, I have a 2007 1.6 petrol 107k. I have 3x 4 litres of Castrol 5w30 c2 oil I bought for my previous Toyota left over. Will it do any real harm if I use it in my fabia? It's not vag spec 500.00-505.00. The fabia is 12 years old now and I'm thinking it should be ok! Any thoughts?

Maybe, maybe not.

Last time I used a non compliant spec oil (ford economy oil in my passat 24 yrs ago) it started to burn oil almost straight away. Big mistake that cost me dear.

So I will just say, do you feel lucky? 

• Like 1

Haha, I'm never lucky! Went to change the oil in it a couple of weeks ago, found out the sump plug was turning in both directions and not coming out! This is after I put in a engine flush lol. I purchased a Sealy oil sython pump to remove the oil with the flush in it. I now have a new sump to go on it. I have the correct Castrol professional oil spec for it, but it's killing me having 12 litres of the 3w30 c2 sitting around with no home.

5 minutes ago, Tightwod said:

I have the correct Castrol professional oil spec for it, but it's killing me having 12 litres of the 3w30 c2 sitting around with no home.

I know the feeling. Resist the temptation and sell it on ebay.

• Like 1