Wipers scuttle panel removal

Hi all,

Does somebody know how to remove thr front wipers scuttle panel from the driver's side in Octavia?

I was struggling with that but is attached very firmly and I don't want to damage it. I have to replace wiper motor.

BTW. Is the wiper motor from VW third edition and old Passat compatibile. If you know octy motor part number it would help me.

Thanks,

Rob

Easiest way I have found is to start at the middle, where the two panels overlap, and get sonething thin and blunt in between the two. Once you can get it lifted enough, get a finger or two in there (cue misquote engine) and then gently ease the panel up towards the side of the car.

Mine's been off a few times now, so it comes off quite easily. Just take your time. Whatever you do, don't start at the otside of the car like I did the first time ;)

Have a look on Butt's web site for the part - www.jmbuttco.co.uk I think. The motor and wiper assembly are both listed on there, which should give you the part number.

Cheers,

fen_l&k,

Thanks for quick reply. Will try to take the panel off.

When I was on scrapheap last time I saw wiper motor assembly number from VW Golf 3rd edition and Passat . It was different I found in octavia catalogue. But anyway, how do you think is it compatibile or not?

Cheers,

Rob