2007 1.9tdi Clutch takes high, adjustment?

Hi guys 

Sorry if this has been asked before but I can't seem to find anything on the MK2. It's my first Skoda and loving it.  Remapped it last night and it goes like a bomb! 

Since I got it on Sunday the clutch bites really high. Am I right in assuming these clutches can't be adjusted? 

I've come from a Seat Leon MK2 FR550 170bhp remapped to 220bhp and the clutch was very responsive. It engaged pretty quickly , as does my wife's Qashqai so maybe I just need to get used to it? I seem to rev too much at pull off as I'm expecting the clutch to take sooner. 

Just need to know if they can be adjusted or if I should just settle down and get used to it. 

PS it's not slipping. 

I dont believe they are adjustable as such. The highness does suggest the clutch is getting worn, unless it was fitted incorrectly. At that age, I recon it is either worn or on a replacement (If not a few in) Clutch. 

As long as it is not slipping, it should be ok and just a case of getting used to it. That said, keep on revving an slipping the clutch to pull away and you will soon kill it anyway! I am wondering if this model has a stronger or different clutch to my lower sized engines clutch but if it is the same, the power WILL kill it. 

I think (VW) clutches seem to be one of their week spots!

• Thanks 1

It tends to be around half way up, perhaps coming up slowly over time and wear. When you then replace it, (Around £360 at clutch fitter, £600 main dealer), It will seem low and "Snatchy" Again, for a few days until you are used to it again!

I think also, you will have the duel mass flywheel. This can add a fair chunk to the cost of a new clutch, if it is worn. Not replacing a worn one is a false economy as it may damage the replacement clutch, meaning a new flywheel AND a new clutch, again.

This is where you have to trust the fixer to be honest and not just tell you it needs replacing!

• Thanks 1