Android Auto and Data usage

Hi All,

Are you able to help with another query, if you use android auto for navigation, or streaming music, and have a SIM in the car for Data, where will the system draw the data from?  Will it be the phone, or from the in car SIM?

Cheers,

Runcible.

The phone - the car is acting simply as an external screen. The phone is still doing all the data transfer + running the apps etc.

The SIM you put in the car will only be used by the car for the Skoda Connect services.

3 hours ago, RuncibleSpoon said:

That's what I thought, it's just that it's already used my 200MB month allowance in just a few days so wasnt sure.. :(

If you stream music on the highest quality, it uses a lot of data. There should be the option to lower the quality of the stream in the settings menu of your music app. I use the Google Play Music app (as I have a sub) and I've seen it there.

3 hours ago, RuncibleSpoon said:

That's what I thought, it's just that it's already used my 200MB month allowance in just a few days so wasnt sure.. :(

I had this when I first registered for Skoda Connect. Maybe the registration process sends a lot more data than normal operation?

1 hour ago, TumnusCat said:

I had this when I first registered for Skoda Connect. Maybe the registration process sends a lot more data than normal operation?

That must be it, as all my registration for Skoda connect was done via that SIM.