Every warning light possible

Hi folks,

New here, as I've never had a problem with this car before. I'm looking for any help with the following. 

The car is a 2012 VRS diesel with approx 65k miles on it. I've had it 2 and a bit years without a single problem, until today.

Power steering doesn't work properly

Glow plug light flashing

Tyre pressure sensor on

Brake warning light on, it seems that the brake are binding a little too

Also, the fuel gauge keeps dropping and the warning to refuel is displayed

Basically, every warning light is on. I've taken it to my local garage but they are unable to find the fault. They have plugged it in and it is showing an endless list of fault codes, which once reset, flag up again.

So, I'm after any information or pointers if possible. 

Thanks in advance, Lee

Check for signs of rodent infestation and gnawing on wiring looms/harnesses.  I believe two people on the Superb forum reported similar plethora's of warning lights and mice had been enjoying themselves in the engine bay. 

Thanks folks,

The garage tell me that there is a list as long as your arm of fault codes so I'm not sure there is anything actually wrong with the mechanics of everything. I'm guessing it's the main ECU...if there is such a thing.

The battery is about a year old and is in good order so I don't think it's that.

Rodents...now that could be thing. We live in the back of beyond down in Cornwall with more than our fair share of mice, etc. as our cat can testify. Her record so far is 27 in a week. I just wished she wouldn't bring them in the house.

Your symptoms are sually an early sign of a failing battery. The electronics on modern cars do silly things on a poor battery before the battery fails to crank the engine.

Mine failed like this with multiple lamps flashing on the display after being ok the previous evening. New battery fixed it. Original factory fitted battery was five years old and around 60k miles. Get your year old battery checked as even new ones can fail.