Octavia vRS 245 vs Octavia vRS 245 Challenge

JKeswick

My current diesel vRS lease is coming to an end and I have a few options for its replacement. I am going petrol as I want to have a bit more fun and going DSG. However today the lease prices for 'Challenge' have been released. Forgetting cost for a minute, is the Challenge worth going for over the base vRS 245? I note the VAG differential is standard on the base vRS, so apart from extra comforts and visual details the performance elements are really the dynamic chassis and sports exhaust.

What would you go for?

• Like 1

I am very tempted by the extras, it doesn't add much to the lease compared to adding any extras to the base vRS. 

Can we assume from the specifications of the vRS Challenge that 'Black exhaust tailpipes with sports sound' means a sports exhaust, so in theory better sounding than on the base vRS petrol, rather than referring to the VAG interior sound?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Really interested in following this thread.

Haven't got my vRS yet but ordered in December and ticked a lot of similar options to the challenge (virtual cockpit, adjustable damping) so when the Challenge was announced was a bit gutted, especially as it has electric seats which was one option I really wanted but wasn't available and it looks really good with the black bits.

In the end decided to stick with one I ordered for two reasons, main one I did not want a car with keyless entry/start and secondly not a massive fan of the 19inch wheels.

Steve

• Like 1

I have ordered the Challenge edition estate DSG with virtual cockpit in Meteor Grey. Got a great lease deal through 21st Century Motors, massively cheaper than Skodas (VW Finance) lease quote and not much more than my current VWFS leased vRS TDI 16 plate. Delivery estimate is middle of June with my current one going back first week of June... will have to borrow a car for a couple of weeks, and heres hoping to no delays!