Columbus: folders duplicated

Hi everybody,

I have a Superb L&K since November and I noticed a strange issue with the Columbus infotainment.

I have an external drive connected on a USB port and each time I load a new folder on this drive, I see it repeated twice on my Columbus.

Columbus starts with the first track from the "real" folder, then passes to the same first track of the "cloned" folder, then the second track of the "real", and so on.

It only happens with the new folders.

I always "safely" remove the HD from the USB.

Anyone has experienced it?

Any solution?

Thanks in advance and ciao,

Giorgio

• 2 weeks later...

I have exactly the same problem (L&K - October 2018 delivery). I store all my music on SD card, and when I transfer from PC to SD card everything is fine, safe ejection, etc... When I put it in the car, some folders are duplicated, some are ok...

Did somebody else experienced it and found a solution?

BR,

Jure

• 1 year later...
On ‎17‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 06:29, koli99 said:

I have exactly the same problem (L&K - October 2018 delivery). I store all my music on SD card, and when I transfer from PC to SD card everything is fine, safe ejection, etc... When I put it in the car, some folders are duplicated, some are ok...

Did somebody else experienced it and found a solution?

BR,

Jure

Same here

Sept 2017 SEL 1.4 DSG

copied large amount of music onto SD card and after a while it seemed to be more and more folders (albums) start doing this showing two copies of every track in the album.

Have wiped the card and re copied having checked the source folders were fine ( a couple did have two copies but have edited the duplicate files out from the source music folder on my PC and soon had the same problem with the new copy.

Last night I checked on the PC some albums(folders) that were doing this on the Columbus and they have single copies of the files both on SD and on my PC.

Have stuck another SD card in, formatted it and copied the music again and will see if this does the same.

If it does I will do a smaller subset and make sure the folders containing albums are all off the top level and not in sub folders under artist name for example and try again.

If all of that fails then Skoda will get it back under warranty to sort out.

Its due in on Thursday to sort out a flaking DSG gear stick anyway.

Will update if anything works.

Good Luck.