Dreaded Battery Drain Again

piewacet23

5 hours ago, piewacet23 said:

Yes I saw that, useful information, my problem is that it is the original battery from new just over three years old...it is not AGM it is the EFB type which is cheaper than AGM, It has been suggested that Skoda fitted lower capacity batteries to some models to keep costs down

the one I've just replaced (with an AGM) was EFB and as mentioned earlier it was less than 3 years old, suppose it may have lasted until its third birthday as I was only made aware I had an issue when switching the engine off and trying to keep the radio on (would flash a shutdown message saying battery was low and the radio was switching off). Then when I tried to charge it, I discovered it was knackered.

it could have been skoda fitting cheap crap batteries but I assumed it was the dealer chucking in any old rubbish he had lying around as mine was 12 months approved vehicle ..... I had a puncture and went to try and fit the space saver but the PCD was totally wrong, turned out they had thrown a Fabia spare in the boot ..... was not happy, don't get me started on dealerships, basically gangsters with suits on, don't turn your back.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Halford said:

the one I've just replaced (with an AGM) was EFB and as mentioned earlier it was less than 3 years old, suppose it may have lasted until its third birthday as I was only made aware I had an issue when switching the engine off and trying to keep the radio on (would flash a shutdown message saying battery was low and the radio was switching off). Then when I tried to charge it, I discovered it was knackered.

it could have been skoda fitting cheap crap batteries but I assumed it was the dealer chucking in any old rubbish he had lying around as mine was 12 months approved vehicle ..... I had a puncture and went to try and fit the space saver but the PCD was totally wrong, turned out they had thrown a Fabia spare in the boot ..... was not happy, don't get me started on dealerships, basically gangsters with suits on, don't turn your back.

Yes I have been getting some poor feed back an both EFB and AGM in terms of life in particular the EFB type. In theory life should be the same or perhaps better as the theory is they suffer less sufidation. The thing which always find remarkable, I worked one time testing aero engines we used electric trucks to move them powered by ordinary lead acid batteries, in ten years we never replaced a battery