Cruise control not working

Fabia00

Hi

Not sure if anyone can help. The factory fitted cruise control on my fabia has stopped working out of the blue.

Taken it for sevice today to my friend who runs an independent skoda garage and he's connected vdcs and scanned it no faults at all stored, he's shown me switch on Vdcs and it's recognising all positions when switch is used.

However he can't get in to recode cruise as the coding II module is greyed out. 

Not sure what it could be?

Only other thing is my battery died as we disconnected it to see if that reset any modules etc and he's ordered a new one, would low voltage affect vdcs or is there anything else that could be an issue?

He's ruled out faulty stalk and brake light switch, it's dsg so no clutch switch. 

Thanks David 

The first thing to do, is get the new battery up and running and see how it goes from there. You may find it WAS the fault!

A weak battery can cause all sorts of gremlins as it struggles to operate a fairly sophisticated set of electronics.

Thanks for the reply, I hoped it would be that but unfortunately not.

Had battery replaced and we've gone back in on vdcs still the same let's us in to the 01 engine section but the coding II still greyed out. Have coding 07 but mechanic didn't like altering anything in there as says it may make more problems. 

Any other thoughts? 

Cheers David