DSG Manual to auto when should it change ?

Panther_uk

Only annoying thing I have really found with my Karoq is the inconsistency between the time it takes to go from Manual back to Auto after using the paddles.

I don't use them very often at all, but two examples are long uphill road, flick the paddle to change from 3rd to 4th as the auto holds it in 3rd and just sounds like it's over-reving, within a few seconds the maxidot changes from M4 to D4, yet when going downhill I had to tap the brake and then the auto again refused to change up (try to engine brake I presume), again flick the paddle from 3rd to 4th, and yet even when I hit level ground it took around 30 seconds to change from M4 to D4, are there specific parameters for this or is the DSG getting a bit confused ?

I know you can hold the right hand paddle to force it to go back from M to D, but sometimes I find this causes it to change up another gear !

Not really a problem, just more curious than anything :speechless:

Not an answer to your question really, but knocking the gear selector back as you would do to toggle sport mode switches back to auto when you've manually shifted. Saves having to hold the UP paddle to shift up and disengage manual at the same time. 

If you click down a gear going downhill, the box will then hold that gear.  The box logic says "you cant want a higher gear while rolling downhill". I concur.

You probably found Sport mode holds on to the gears longer - uphill and down.

In simple terms, once you've interrupted the AUTO mode, the box thinks you want to play, so rightly waits a while before taking back control when you don't do anything after your fist Click.

DSG boxes - I love 'em.

But you Have To Get To Know Them.

• Like 1