First MOT

Dejay

Just had my first MOT in over twenty years (I normally don't keep my car that long).

I have a 1.4 TSI ACT SEL Executive with 32000 miles on the clock.

I have only just replaced front tyres for the MOT and the back still have 5-6 mm on them. In three years of ownership the report on the brakes showed just 10% wear on pads and discs front and back.

This car has been amazing. Every time I get in it it still feels so solid and well put together. It really is a lovely place to sit. Park Assist also helps me park with a big fat smile on my face.

I still get people approaching me in the street asking "Is that a Skoda mate?" , with an incredulous look on their face.  Makes me laugh every time!

I don't know whether I have got a 'good one', but I am genuinely over the moon after three years of ownership.

Just wanted to share...

Well done Skoda!

Forgot to add....yeah it passed!

Edited by Dejay
  • Like 3

Mine had it's third service and first MOT yesterday after 20k miles. No problems reported at all (as I'd hoped given age and mileage).

Apart from the fact that it's showing untaxed on the .GOV website (tax due today) and when I go to tax it it warns me it's taking the Direct Debit today. Next time I'll MOT it early :)

I agree; we should expect no problems at that age and mileage.

But still, there is nothing like an MOT to make your blood run cold!

:whew: