Clutch Pedal just gone to floor on startup. No warning

1 minute ago, alfalincs said:

I think you took my comment the way it wasn't intended. I wasn''t rejoicing at the size of your bill. It was ironic rejoicing that you had reminded me I was no doubt shortly going to get a big bill.

No worries mate, I was genuinely trying to cheer you up even more ... that's the trouble with online banter, so hard to read the tone. Anyway my bill's bigger than your bill :biggrin:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, vRSWitter said:

No worries mate, I was genuinely trying to cheer you up even more ... that's the trouble with online banter, so hard to read the tone. Anyway my bill's bigger than your bill :biggrin:

I have about a week to pick myself up off the floor from this one...then my ancient Ford Connect van comes up for its MOT on 5th April.   Oh Joy....if it  dissolves on the ramp I might just chuck it all in and retire. :@

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 28/03/2019 at 17:54, vRSWitter said:

Last week the clutch on mine (2.0 tdi, 54000 miles) didn't come up fully and I had to pull it up a little (this was soon after I started driving the car in the morning). Was there any similar symptom before the leak/failure? My brake fluid seems to be at the max level. I have done about 150 miles after that but the problem hasn't occurred yet. 

Edited by alladin1616

11 minutes ago, alladin1616 said:

Last week the clutch on mine (2.0 tdi, 54000 miles) didn't come up fully and I had to pull it up a little (this was soon after I started driving the car in the morning). Was there any similar symptom before the leak/failure? My brake fluid seems to be at the max level. I have done about 150 miles after that but the problem hasn't occurred yet. 

Mine was clutch on floor one day, but then still drivable if I pulled it up with my foot. I took it into dealers, diagnosed as needing new slave and clutch ... Ker-ching!

Since then I has one day where clutch was on floor again (early morning and weirdly after a brake fluid change), but not happened again since.

Probably best to get it checked out ...

Thanks. I think I will wait for the next occurrence as one of the dealer guy said it maybe an airlock if it only happened once. I will keep an eye on the brake fluid level if it starts to go down.

Am I right in thinking that it is the same fluid for both brake and clutch or is there a clutch fluid reservoir hidden somewhere?

Just now, alladin1616 said:

Thanks. I think I will wait for the next occurrence as one of the dealer guy said it maybe an airlock if it only happened once. I will keep an eye on the brake fluid level if it starts to go down.

Am I right in thinking that it is the same fluid for both brake and clutch or is there a clutch fluid reservoir hidden somewhere?

Same fluid for both, that's why I think I had an "incident" after my brake fluid change, seem like an odd coincidence to me ...