The Eagle Has Landed........

So the long wait is over. 6 months and one week since the process began my wife has taken delivery earlier today of her (not so)little Bear.

Kodiaq 1.5 Tsi 4x4 DSG SE-L.

Extras included: Quartz Grey Paint, Heated Steering Wheel, Triglav Alloys, Beige Leather Interior, Elec Tow Bar and electrics and of course the DSG Box. I know I’ve forgotten something or other but that is the majority of it.

She is coming from a Volvo XC90 which has been a wonderful companion for the last 5 years and has been a real spacious and solid workhorse with perfect reliability.

The Kodiaq has a tall order to full fill.

Car was delivered with 40 odd miles and has been driven round the village a few times by herself to test - so up to 70 odd miles now.

Initially impressions are positive; fit and finish and parts excellent, easily on par with VW if not quite Audi levels...I had an A8 previously which was epic in this department.

The Beige Leather Interior really is very, very sharp and adds a real level of luxury to the interior. It’s not really practical with a 7 year old boy and 18mth baby to carry around - but we managed a similar colour scheme in the Volvo.

I am apprehensive regards the problems many have had with the 1.5 Tsi engine, but I have also spoken with many that have not experienced issues.

In the very short period and few miles covered today in relatively warm conditions the engine and DSG transmission have been smooth and sweet. I will be keeping a very, very close eye on this going forward.

Overall we are delighted at this early stage, and hopefully as we get used to the infotainment and general drive systems in the coming days this impression will continue.